I stumbled across this post by the beautiful Charla, and thought I'd borrow the idea. It is her response to the question, "When do you feel beautiful?"
... A question we rarely ask ourselves, if we're honest. We're too busy thinking, "I'm having an off-week and a fat day, all of my clothes are wrong, and I'd much rather be that woman over there." Or something equally
So here's the challenge: rather than delving into the unhappy comparisons,
why not keep a list of the things that make you feel beautiful?
I feel beautiful:
1) When I'm in the sunshine, getting freckles.
2) On roadtrips - windows down, music blaring, hair free.
3) While painting - a carefree, barefoot kind of thing.
4) Listening to Lifehouse. No idea.
5) After a long run.
6) In those moments when life just fits.
7) Wearing my favorite Lucky jeans. Or anything bohemian.
8) During rainstorms, when I go into 'creative mode.'
9) With a good book and a cup of coffee, especially if the book is the kind you just have to read out loud, to hear how it sounds, and you feel like you are single-handedly making the story come alive.
10) Whenever I accomplish something I didn't think I could do.
... Try it out. And share your list with me, please!
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to change you
is the greatest accomplishment.