4/9/11

One Hand In My Pocket

What it all comes down to
Is that I haven't got it all
Figured out just yet
I've got one hand in my pocket and
The other one is giving the peace sign 
(morissette)



Well, I am officially 25.
(As of last Wednesday.)

I don't feel older.



In fact, I felt much more knowledgeable at 18 (when I knew everything).  The 7 years following have slowly depleted my "smarts" (as one of my college roomies used to say), imbuing me with the unfortunate realization that I am, quite possibly, the stupidest I've ever been. Either that or I've been this way all along (more likely).

I am also told this is a sign of my growing maturity.  I am  capable of recognizing (and what's more - actually admitting) that I know nothing.  See there?  I may not be wise, but I am at least incredibly mature.  Also humble.

And that's the bright side of things.

Naturally I assumed I'd have accomplished far more at this point.  What "far more" should actually consist of took me about 3 years to figure out, so I'm still plodding along, working towards those goals.  That being said, I'm not disappointed in what's happened thus far.

In fact, it's been more than sufficient.

Also, I think this is my year.  You know, the year when things finally start falling into place, the way you always knew they would, if you'd only wait . . . and work. 

Which is just to say . . . 
I am thoroughly excited to see what will happen next.


I'll keep you posted.



photo source

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to say will be not was, maybe that was a good sign! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your smarts haven't deleted - quite the opposite. Now you just know that there is far much more out there you still have yet to explore and learn; whereas before you bought you knew all there was to know. When I turned 25 I was given this Quarter Life Crisis letter. I wish I could find it - I'll have to search more. I think I had all the same feelings as you, though!!! Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :] this is a cute post. i'm excited for the changes ahead for you, jealous too.

    love you, have fun wherever you end up. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

( hippies always welcome )