8/4/10

Summer Reading

NANNY RETURNS!


In case you haven't noticed via my recent Facebook status, I am incredibly excited about this book (I just found out about it). Nanny Returns is the sequel to The Nanny Diaries, written by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus. I make a point to read Nanny Diaries at least once a year, with frequent skimming excursions through the bits I love best.  The original is written in a light-hearted, somewhat self-deprecating narrative style in which Nanny finds herself employed by the self-centered Mr. and Mrs. X as nanny for their son Grayer. You'll notice this book is also my inspiration for my new blog, ALaMamaPoppinsI hope to incorporate as many pre-post quotes from The Nanny Diaries into this blog as I can manage, so check it out for samples!  And now if you'll excuse me, I must go order a copy of the sequel.  If you haven't read the first book then by all means treat yourself to both!  They're "diabolically funny" (The New York Times insists).  Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

( hippies always welcome )