9/5/08

Pieces of Flair

  • I found this a bit intriguing:
Swimming cities of Switchback Sea is a flotilla of seven intricately hand crafted vessels that will navigate the stretch of the Hudson River between Troy and the New York harbor this August 15th - September 7th. Imagined as a hybrid between boats and bits of land mass broken off and headed out to sea, the Switchback vessels will make stops in towns along the river bringing performances and music. Over the course of three weeks they will make their way toward their home port - an invented landscape tucked into a niche along the East River in Long Island City, Queens. -switchbacksea.org

  • For inspiration: A Free People fashion illustration contest. Check out the Free People blog.
  • For the sake of confusion: Is it a synopsis or an outline or a synopsis called an outline that is not to be written in the form of an outline? How does saying a short synopsis is 2-25 pages narrow anything down?
  • Cheers to the future (possibly): Isn't it sort of great that no matter which presidential candidate wins, our country is about to make a big political breakthrough?
  • For sharing the misery: If you say the word 'cupcake' twelve times in a row I gaurantee that you will need a cupcake.
  • Because I can't resist:

I've been sitting in front of the computer for two days now, staring at the screen as if it were the key to my future. Or perhaps a bomb about to explode. In the beginning, I had one simple goal: mail five queries. Even my early appearances contributed to my dedication: an endless supply of coffee, a stack of favored books, and a phone to use for emergencies only. My current state of affairs has digressed: an endless supply of advil, a messy pile of resented books now strewn across the floor, and a phone that has been used repeatedly to call one person in particular in order to gripe. My eye is twitching. I haven't blinked in three minutes. And the gentle soothing whirring sound of the computer has begun to sound like a menacing chant in my head: DIE DIE DIE.

I have one goal in mind, to get my book published so I can write another one about literary agencies. It will be called Confessions Of A Deranged Writer, or Stalin, Hitler, & Mussolini Literary Agency, Inc.

Disclaimer: if you're a literary agent who I have queried and who has, for some unknown reason, unwittingly come across my blog, ignore all future posts regarding literary agents. And if you don't, bear in mind that none of what I write applies to you as long as you choose to represent my novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

( hippies always welcome )