A light-hearted meme that could possibly be renamed Physicalities, Abnormalities, and Humor.
Care to join?
The rules: List thirteen quirky things about yourself. And, if you're like me, you'll include a photo at the end so your readers don't finish the post thinking you're a goblin or something.
- My left pointer finger is weird. Once, when I was about twelve, a nurse told me the odd hump shape was due to a lack of oxygen getting to the fingertip. I hadn't really noticed it until then, and now it makes me think of the witch in Snow White, when she points her finger and cackles.
- My left foot is a tad longer than my right, and I suspect it has affected my legs as well because the left hem-line in my jeans wears out faster than the right. It's so slight you'd never notice, but I can't think about it too long or I will subconsciously start walking crooked.
- I have The Infamous Kough Nose. It's very distinct. It's a tad bit button-like, I must say. Only myself and my brother Matt have it to this particular degree. In fact, I've been asked if we're twins by complete strangers.
- When I'm lifting weights, I have trouble controlling the muscle in my upper lip. It's weird and freakish, and also why I don't lift weights in gyms. Wouldn't want other people to see me and think I'm turning into a vampire or anything. I shan't say anything more about this.
- I tend to bruise badly. Once, while painting a tree on my dining room wall, I fell off the chair I was using as a step-ladder and bruised my entire left thigh. It was black for a month. The bruise looked like the state of Michigan and I had to avoid short dresses, which was unfortunate because over half my wardrobe consists of short dresses.
- My eyes have gold in them. Or so I'm told. When I was living at TFC with my three beautiful roomies, one of them looked into my eyes and said, "Wow. You have yellow eyes." I never really knew how to take this but I've come to terms with it. There's pirate treasure in there, mates!
- My natural hair color is a medium chestnut, but after I dyed it reddish that one time I never could seem to get the red out - so now my natural color is auburn?
- I'm prone to freckles, and I love them. They're youthful, and remind me that I've been in the sun. Always a happy thought.
- I have a birth-mark on my right calf that is somewhat browner than the rest of my skin and looks like a constellation. I get it from my mom, who also has one. When she was a kid, she used to try and get her summer tan to match her birthmark. Unfortunately this doesn't work (I've tried).
- I hate wearing bras. Fortunately I live in Europe and I'm not exactly busty, so it's not a problem. (TMI?)
- I love exercising. Weather/time permitting, I prefer to run 3-5 miles 3-5 days a week, with workout videos for toning. I also walk about 100 million miles whenever I have errands and/or social engagements because, like I said, I live in Europe and I am without vehicle. (Yes, I do occasionally refer to this as if it were a terminal condition like cancer.)
- Since moving to Denmark, my diet is usually something like this: fruit/eggs/coffee for breakfast, forgetfulness for lunch, veggie salads/soup for dinner, one glass of wine (I do not live off of cucumbers alone, so whatever my sister Sarah tells you: she's lying). Will choose salt over sugar any day (as my grandmother used to say, I belong to "THE Salt Family"). Should probably drink more water.
- I've always disliked being 5'3" short, having long-leg envy and all. The way I feel about it is sort of like Anne-with-an-E feels about her red hair. I'll get over it, I'm sure. Until then, I'll buy three-inch heels.
See? Perfectly normal.
You can tell by looking at the adorable kid I produced.