11/4/09

Your Dad Is More Attractive Than You

This evening, while I was out running errands, I had the unnerving experience of getting checked out by a teenage boy and feeling distinctly older than him. Let me clarify. The thoughts that immediately passed through my head were: Oh, sweety, I think you may be younger than my youngest brother. Have you even finished tenth grade yet? Gotten your driver's license? Started buying your own socks and underwear? I bet you're no more than fourteen years older than my kid.

It's kind of weird because I've never felt like that before. I never even thought about it. But today, of all days, I felt older.

I'm only twenty-three. I should probably go do something irresponsible now, you know, to balance things out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

( hippies always welcome )